Become a Language & Culture Tutor
Lattitude is one of the world’s first and largest organisations supporting young people to learn and develop whilst they volunteer on programs in different cultures. Lattitude is a non-for-profit youth organisation. We have been supporting young people on overseas volunteering placements for over 40 years and work with around 1000 young people each year. We work with Australian and British schools supporting students to develop intercultural understanding, learn about Asian culture, and Chinese language.
About the program:
Work with a local teacher
As a volunteer, you will be supporting a local Chinese teacher with language classes. You will be running activities in small groups and providing one on one support to students. Lead cultural activities with younger students too!
The program offers Chinese students the opportunity to learn about other cultures, develop their English skills and learn about teaching and education systems in a different country all while sharing your own culture with students in Australia & The UK.
help students build skills
Open the world to your students and help them build confidence in pronunciation. As a native speaker, your insight and skills are highly valued overseas. Bring your conversational skills to the classroom and get your students talking like a local!
What are the requirements to be selected?
Currently studying or recently completed teacher training
Ability to work in English
Be Mature and a good role model
Ability to adapt to an Australian or British classroom & style of teaching
Confidence to interact with students & lead activities
Listen to what our volunteers have to say about the program:
2018 Placement Dates:
- January to July (6 months)
- January to December (11 months)
- July to June 2018 (11 months – Australia)
- September to July 2018 (11 months – UK)
The school in Australia or the UK provides:
- Accommodation, food & an allowance during placement
- A Link Teacher to be your local mento
- Interviews with the Lattitude Manager in China
- References for each volunteer from their college
- Placement matching by a Lattitude Manager
- Pre-departure support in China
- Including briefing, management of travel plans & medical clearance
- • Visas sponsored & managed by Lattitude
- Signed agreements including aVolunteer Code of Conduct
- Orientation on arrival in Australia or the UK
- Ongoing support & visit from Lattitude staff
- 24/7 emergency support in Australia and the UK
- Debrief & support upon your return home
placement Fee: ¥13,000
Volunteer pays Cost of Airfare, Health Insurance, & Visa Costs
For more information contact:
Kelly Kang – Lattitude Country Manager, China